Welcome to Russell’s Campgrounds
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY-THIS WILL ANSWER MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS
Thank you for booking your Alaska vacation with Russell Fishing Company Campgrounds. You will have a wonderful time and enjoy all that the Kenai Peninsula has to offer.
There is no on-site property manager for any issues or questions at our Campgrounds.
Please text Jessica.JESSICA
Detailed maps will be provided upon check-in to make sure you get to your launch points on time. Please take the time to familiarize yourself after check-in to avoid any problems. All necessary phone numbers are listed below and on the map. Please carry it with you and call your charter guide directly with any direction or timing issues.
As you settle into your accommodations and start to relax and unwind from your trip, please review the information below. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you might have so you can begin to enjoy your vacation immediately.
* Your weekly fishing itinerary, which will be given to you upon arrival, has been developed by Jessica and Glenn from Russell Fishing. If you have any questions regarding your itinerary, please call Jessica or Glenn.JESSICA GLENN
Your fishing will all be guided by the professional and fully licensed and certified Russell staff (They are not on site)
* If there are any daily changes to the fishing itineraries, Jessica will call and notify you in the evening. At this point, it will be difficult to make more changes so if you have any special requests, please text Jessica or Glenn.JESSICA GLENN
Your weekly activity sheet will give you details of where to go, who your guide will be, what you need to bring, phone numbers, etc. Please be on time. Your licenses (and king stamps where applicable) need to be on your person when you are fishing or you won’t be able to go on your charter.
* If you fish on your own, you can use our gear. We will get you started with leaders, hooks, lead, and flies but if you run out you may have to run to the store to get more. Please let us know if you are taking the gear off the property and/or if you break any equipment. We have to charge $50 each for a broken rod or reel. Please no fishing after 10 PM or before 5:30 AM
* We have planned your individual events well in advance, but external factors such as weather, tides, fishing success and conditions, fishing regulations, and ADF&G emergency orders can have an effect on the schedule, so please be understanding if there are any changes. Rest assured, we will get your entire schedule of trips accomplished while allowing for some flexibility for your preferences as well. We can’t guarantee that we can make changes from your original itinerary. Weather, especially in fly-ins or salt water can be a factor. We will do our best to make sure your charter takes place, but there are times when we aren’t able to move those charters around. If they are canceled, we will replace them with a river trip of your choice (sometimes on short notice).
* Pre Purchase online your license or Stop by a local store to purchase your license if you haven’t done so ahead of time. We do not write licenses at the lodge. Your rain gear and boots will be given to you upon arrival. Please hang your rain gear and boots on your porch to dry. If you have a leak, let us know. Please contact Jessica at the end of your trip to return your equipment, boots, and rain gear.
* The Store is located in Soldotna and directions are on your map. If you have special requests for smoking, specific packing or want to ship instead of carrying on the plane ($5.00 a l.b. to ship overnight), please contact Kasilof Seafoods/Tanner’s Fish Processing directly at 907-262-9572.(907) 262-9572
As your stay comes to an end please let the processor know how you would like your fish divided up (i.e. Split 2 ways, no split-(packed into as few as boxes) and what time you plan to pick up. (Bring your Pink Copies when you Pick up) We are not responsible for shipping or providing fish you do not catch.
ABSOLUTELY NO CLEANING OF FISH ANYWHERE ON CAMPGROUNDS A cleaning fee of $500 will be assessed if this isn’t adhered to.
*FIREARMS: Per the property owners, no firearms are allowed on the property unless kept locked and secured in your vehicles trunk. Also please do not bring firearms on fishing charters or you may not be allowed on the boat.
Lodging, cooking and food information:
* Check-in is after 2 PM. Check out is 10 AM. No food is provided but all necessary supplies you should need are provided on the campgrounds for preparing your own. You will be given several towels for the week. There is a laundry facility on-site but if you forget to wash your towels, let us know. Quiet time is between 10 PM and 6 AM with respect to all guests. Please make sure trash and food are kept in covered receptacles. Please cook fish in foil for cleaning purposes.
* There is a hospital nearby in Soldotna. 907-262-4404 If you have a pre-existing condition we should be aware of, or if you need medical attention, please let us know.
* WIFI ~ Password:
* Tips-suggested amounts on invoice. Don’t forget staff or on-site help
* Weather varies daily and forecasts are not reliable. Be prepared for anything from the high 30s in the AM to 7o in the afternoon. Layers are best. Dress warm in AM. It can rain at any time so always be prepared with rain gear on your charters.
* Mosquitoes are abundant at certain times and large this year (Alaska State Bird) Repellent with Deet works best.
* If there is any damage to the campgrounds or equipment that is caused by your group, we have the right to bill the credit card on file for the appropriate amount. Obviously, we will discuss this with you.
Enjoy your stay with Russell Fishing Company!
Also check our FAQ for much additional information
Important phone numbers:
You can use these button to click-to-call staff:
Backup for both: JESSICA
For Halibut trip issues day of charter: DUSTIN
If you can’t reach us by phone, please try text.
You can use these buttons to send us a text: