Welcome to Montgomery Lodge
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY-THIS WILL ANSWER MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS
Thank you for booking your Alaska vacation with Russell Fishing Company at the Mongtomery Lodge. You will have a wonderful time and enjoy all that the Kenai Peninsula has to offer.
There is no onsite property manager but for any issues or questions at Montgomery’s Lodge call or text Mary Ann 503-703-1717. Dakota your chef may be available at times for questions too.
Detailed maps will be provided upon check-in to make sure you get to your launch points on time. Please take the time to familiarize yourself after check-in to avoid any problems. All necessary phone numbers are listed below and on the map. Please carry it with you and call your charter guide directly with any direction or timing issues.
The Russell APP (Map/Directions) Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the App. This has all the driving directions you will need to get you to each meet location from Montgomery’s Lodge. Also you can reach your charter guide directly through the app with any direction or timing issues. If you are having issues with the app or don’t have the capabilities to use the app, A detailed map (upon request) can be provided upon check-in to make sure you get to your launch points on time.
As you settle into your accommodations and start to relax and unwind from your trip, please review the information below. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you might have so you can begin to enjoy your vacation immediately.
Your weekly fishing itinerary (located on the app), but can be printed and given to you upon arrival (upon request), has been developed by Jessica and Glenn from Russell Fishing. If you have any questions regarding your itinerary, please call Jessica or Glenn. Your fishing will all be guided by the professional and fully licensed and certified Russell staff (They are not on site)
If there are any daily changes to the fishing itineraries, Jessica will call and notify you in the evening or you will hear from your guide in reference to these changes. At this point it will be difficult to make any more changes, so if you have any special requests please text Jessica or Glenn. The App and the weekly fishing schedule will provide the details of where to go, who your guide will be, and what you need to bring, phone numbers, etc. Please be on time. Your licenses (and king stamps where applicable) need to be on your person when you are fishing or you won’t be able to go on your charter.
If you fish on your own at the Cabins or elsewhere, you can use our gear. We will get you started with leaders, hooks, lead, and flies but if you run out you may have to run to the store to get more. Please let us know if you are taking the gear off the property and/or if you break any equipment. We have to charge $50 each for a broken rod or reel.
Your fishing will all be guided by the professional and fully licensed and certified Russell staff (They are not on site)
* If there are any daily changes to the fishing itineraries, Jessica will call and notify you in the evening. At this point, it will be difficult to make more changes so if you have any special requests, please text Jessica or Glenn.
We have planned your individual events well in advance, but external factors such as weather, tides, fishing success and conditions, fishing regulations, and ADF&G emergency orders can have an effect on the schedule, so please be understanding if there are any changes.. Rest assured, we will get your entire schedule of trips accomplished while allowing for some flexibility for your preferences as well. We can’t guarantee that we can make changes from your original itinerary. Weather, especially in fly ins or saltwater can be a factor. We will do our best to make sure your charter takes place, but there are times when we aren’t able to move those charters around. If they are cancelled, we will replace with a river trip of your choice (sometimes on short notice).
Pre Purchase Fishing License online or Stop by a local store to purchase your license if you haven’t done so ahead of time. We do not write licenses at the lodge. Your rain gear and boots will be given to you upon arrival. Please hang your rain gear and boots on your porch to dry. If you have a leak, let Jessica know. Please leave any gear provided on the porches.
Fish Processing is done by Tanners Processing AKA Kasilof Seafoods. Plan to take a cooler or tote with you to transport your fish because after each charter, your fish will be filleted and given to you to drop off at the processor for professional freezing and packing. When you get to the processor just let them know you are with Russell Fishing and give them your First and Last name that you booked your vacation under. They have a list with our guests on it. If your package included fish processing they will know the number of boxes included in your package for your group.
The Store is located in Soldotna and directions are on your map. If you have special requests for smoking (most likely will have to be shipped home as it takes typically 5 to 7 days to process), specific packing, or want to ship instead of carrying on the plane ($5.00 a lb. to ship overnight), please contact Kasilof Seafoods/Tanner’s Fish Processing directly at 907-262-9572. As your stay comes to an end please let the processor know how you would like your fish divided up (ie. Split 2 ways, no split-(packed into as few as boxes) and what time you plan to pick up. (Bring your Pink Copies when you Pick up) We are not responsible for shipping or providing fish you do not catch.
Lodging and Food
- Check-in is anytime after 2 P.M. and check-out on day of departure is 10 A.M.
- Dakota has provided a terrific pre-set menu every night except Thursday. We are sure you will enjoy the food. We can try to accommodate special requests, (i.e. don’t eat fish) with advance notice. For breakfast, egg dishes or sandwiches, muffins, fruits, cereals, juices are available for you to eat. Lunches will be in the refrigerator in the kitchen. Simply grab a cooler and your lunch out of the fridge before you depart for your charter in the morning.
- We can’t serve alcohol by law however you are welcome to purchase on your own and enjoy at dinner.
- There is a hospital nearby in Soldotna. If you have a pre-existing condition we should be aware of, or if you need medical attention, please let us know.
- WIFI Password: 9072621650
- Weather varies daily and forecasts are not reliable. Be prepared for anything from the high 30s in the AM to 70 in the afternoon. Layers are best. Dress warmly in AM. It can rain at any time so always be prepared with rain gear on your charters.
- Mosquitoes are abundant and large this year (Alaska State Bird) Repellant with Deet works best.
- If there is any damage to the lodge or equipment that is caused by your group, we have the right to bill the credit card on file for the appropriate amount. Obviously, we will discuss with you.
Please read our FAQs for additional information.